Postgis and EXPRESSION

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at GRID.UNEP.CH
Wed Feb 22 08:55:48 EST 2006

Hi,

I migrated from mysql to postgres/postgis and update now all my map-
queries. But I have a problem getting it working. I wonder if this is
a major problem or some minor issue. The doc says :

"Logical expressions allow you to build fairly complex tests based on
one or more attributes and therefore are only available with shapefiles"

So, i would almost presume that using EXPRESSIONS is not possible via
postgis. But I can't imagine that this is true... In the moment it
runs the query but with no result - meaning that it "ignores" the
epression. I couldn't find anything similar in the archives either...

	LAYER
		NAME bg_shape
		CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
		CONNECTION 'user=xxx password=xxx dbname=xxx'
		TYPE POLYGON
		DATA 'the_geom FROM (SELECT countries.the_geom AS the_geom,
regions_view.name AS name, countries.oid AS oid FROM countries,
regions_view WHERE countries.geo_region = regions_view.id) AS foo
USING UNIQUE oid USING srid=-1'
		CLASSITEM 'name'
		CLASS
			NAME ''