compile problems on osx

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Thu Feb 23 14:00:54 EST 2006

Now that I have PHP 4 fully Universal (yes, it's online now), I'm
thinking about a PHP 5 installer.  No time frame yet.

ECW does not work on OS X yet - nasty threading issues that ER Mapper
is working on.  Soon I hope.  I don't like depending on Arc.

For ming, make sure you have the recent 0.3 beta 2, tho I just saw
that it is final now.  I haven't tried that yet.  For a wuick build,
the main problem I found was in decompile.c, pool there conflicts
with pool somewhere else.  So, what I did was replace all word
ocurrences of 'pool' with 'dpool'.

On Feb 23, 2006, at 12:30 PM, Mark Wright wrote:

> What I would really like would be for mapserver with php5. Also ecw
> support which I also had trouble compiling. Do you have any tips on
> compiling ming> I had issues there too.
>
> Anyways, I'll edit the makefile and see what happens.
>

> Mark
>
> On 2/23/06, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> You've hit a problem with Xcode 2.2.  In the makefile, change LD
>> to g+
>> +.  Yes, the instructions are a little out of date, I've been
>> focusing on the installers.
>>
>> Anything in particular you need in an Mac Intel MapServer?  My
>> installer is mostly Intel ready right now, just missing an Intel
>> mapscript for PHP-Apache.  But that will be done by the end of the
>> day.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy