MapServer for Mac OS X - PPC/Intel

Puneet Kishor punkish at EIDESIS.ORG
Fri Feb 24 07:56:33 EST 2006

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Thanks to Paul Moen, I have a complete Mac OS X Universal PPC/Intel
> MapServer installer.  The main problem was building an Intel PHP as
> Apache module on a PPC Mac - Apple's Xcode Universal SDK is missing the
> Apache executables (the whole bin folder in fact) needed.
>
> This includes (available as separate components):
>
> MapServer 4.8.1 - CGI, PHP 4 extension for both PHP as CGI and PHP as
> Apache module
> PHP 4.4.2
> GDAL 1.3.1 and various GIS libraries
> Postgres 8.1.2 + PostGIS 1.1.1
>
> Available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 (obviously not Intel) and 10.4.x (PPC/Intel).
>
> Details and downloads at <http://www.kyngchaos.com/>

William,

Great work! Checking details, two questions come to my mind (I haven't
done this in a long time) --

what version of Apache are you building against -- the stock version
that comes with the OS?

are you building SWIG MapScript (or does that happen automatically now?).

Many thanks,

--
Puneet Kishor