No subject

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Fri Feb 24 10:37:26 EST 2006

Philip,

Looks like my Mac OS X MapServer installer, right?  A few questions -

On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:10 AM, Philip Stephens wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to MapServer and I'm trying to get the gmap demo from ka-
> map to run on my MacOSX -10.4.5.  I have installed MapServer 4.8.
> I have setup the Itasca demo--works well.  I'm working toward
> putting the ka-map viewer interface on top of MapServer.

PPC or Intel?  Is that my recent 4.8.1 (yesterday)?  Or the 4.8.0RC3
I generated without a full installer? (update to 4.8.1 if so)

>  I've made the AddType edits in my httpd.conf, and also in the
> php.ini file.  Before making those changes, the page returned
> nothing.  I get the following errors when I call "http://localhost/
> gmap/gmap75.phtml".

The PHP Enable should take care of httpd.conf changes for you, and
correctly for your choice of which PHP to use (CGI or Apache module).

> Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library './
> php_mapscript.so' - (null) in /Library/WebServer/gmap/htdocs/
> gmap75.phtml on line 54

It could be that your gmap75.phtml is trying to load './
php_mapscript.so' - notice the ./ there, it's trying to load
mapscript from the same folder as gmap75.phtml.  Remove that if it's
in your php code.

If not, something might be wrong with your php.ini.  My PHP installer
should install a php.ini with the correct extension path setting -
basically, default, which is one of those you list below, depending
on which is loaded.  Check your phpinfo() to see what the
extension_dir setting says in PHP Core.  You could try to explicitly
set extension_dir.

While you're looking at phpinfo(), check to make sure the correct PHP
is loaded - if httpd.conf isn't right, you may be loading Apple's
PHP.  Look at the configuration file path setting, it should match
one of my installed PHPs.

> I have two php_mapscript.so files, both of which I've made
> executable.  They are located at :
>
> /usr/local/php4/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429
> and :
> /usr/local/php4cgi/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429
>

> When I initially installed the binaries, I installed both mapserver
> packages, "mapserver-php4apache.pkg" and "mapserver-php4cgi.pkg"  I
> learned later that both could be installed but only one can run. I
> don't know if my inability to direct which package is "driving" is
> causing the present difficulty or not.

Run PHP Enable to select which one is loaded, or 'driving'.

> Any help will be appreciated,
> thanks.
> Phil

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy