Problem with WMS Connection

Dennis Megarry dennis at MEGARRY.COM
Fri Feb 24 12:54:28 EST 2006

Ahh.. yup.. that was it!  Stupid me.. I fought with this for 5 days now..  lol  Thanks!

So..  I take it if you have data with different projections you need to set this at the layer level?  I had setup the main projection which all my data is in and thought by setting the layer projection for the WMS server is would work, but it certainly did not...  I removed the Projection all together and things started to display.

Dennis

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Ed McNierney
Sent: Fri 2/24/2006 11:37 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem with WMS Connection

Dennis -

Thanks - the server seems fine.  But you're not defining a PROJECTION block for the WMS layer - you need to tell MapServer that the input image is in EPSG:4269 projection rather than in the default LCC projection of your output image.  Without that, MapServer will treat it as LCC input coordinates, and the resulting image will be way off-screen somewhere.

I might be wrong on that - I got in the habit of specifying PROJECTION blocks for WMS layers a long time ago, when they were required.  That might have changed, but it's worth a try.

    - Ed

P.S.
Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker