OracleSpatial

kazan77777 (sent by Nabble.com) lists at NABBLE.COM
Sun Jan 1 18:54:30 EST 2006

OS: Windows XP
Oracle Version: 9i
Webserver: Apache from ms4w distribution

I am not able to successfully configure oraclespatial in mapserver and was wondering if someone could help me out.

First, I am using Oracle Locator -- not Oracle Spatial.  Oracle Locator comes standard in Oracle, but Oracle Spatial is an extension that has to be purchased separately from Oracle.  I am assuming the Oracle Locator is sufficient -- correct?

I am using the Oracle Spatial example that Oracle provides on their web site: otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/pdf/OracleSpatial.pdf.

Geometry is enclosed in a table called 'cola_markets'

Next, I downloaded the ms4w package and got that running.  After that, I downloaded the hobu distribution and replaced the
C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin directory with the contents from hobu.  This should give me the capability to hookup to OracleSpatial and render data.  However, all I can generate is a blank image.

Questions:
1) Can someone point me to what I need to get my data to render
2) Is there a way to trace the code; i.e. generate debug statements in a log file
3) Is there anyone who can give me a simple example, including the sql scripts to create necessary schema objects, the associated map file, and
the associated PHP file.

This is my current MAP file:

    NAME DEMO

    DEBUG ON

    STATUS ON
    SIZE 400 300
    SYMBOLSET ../etc/symbols.sym
    UNITS dd
    SHAPEPATH "../data"
    IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
    FONTSET ../etc/fonts.txt

    PROJECTION
      "proj=latlong"
      "ellps=WGS84"
    END
    EXTENT -180 -45 180 45

    WEB
      MINSCALE 2000000
      MAXSCALE 50000000
      IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
     IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
     LOG "c:/ms4w/gmap.log"
    END

    LAYER
      DEBUG ON

      PROJECTION
        "proj=latlong"
        "ellps=WGS84"
      END

      NAME "oilwells"
      TYPE point

      CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
      CONNECTION "scott/tiger!@XXXXXXX"
      DATA "shape FROM cola_markets USING SRID 8307"

      DUMP TRUE
      CLASS
        STYLE
         SIZE 10
         COLOR 0 128 128
       END
      END
    END

    END # Map File

This is my current PHP file:

    <?php
    define("MAPFILE", "c:/ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/test11.map");
    define("MODULE", "php_mapscript_44.dll");
    if(!extension_loaded("MapScript")) dl(MODULE);
    $oMap = ms_newMapObj(MAPFILE);
    $oMap->setsize(600, 400);
    $oMap->selectoutputformat("png");
    $oImage = $oMap->draw();
    header("Content-type: image/gif");
    $url = $oImage->saveImage("");
    ?>
--
Sent from the Mapserver - User forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/OracleSpatial-t834577.html#a2164331