street level shape files for united state

Brock Anderson banders at REFRACTIONS.NET
Tue Jan 3 19:30:09 EST 2006

Kurt,

Tiger is the only "street level" USA road data set that I am aware of.
Tiger data aren't very accurate, and commercial road data are generally
much higher quality.

The poor quality of Tiger roads is most obvious when you draw them on
the same map as better data (like GPS-captured positions).

Although there are better road data sets out there (if you pay), Tiger
is probably suitable for some applications.  What do you need the roads for?

Brock