EXPRESSIONS/REGEX

Thu Jan 5 19:15:40 EST 2006

You have to use logical expressions to access not operators. That is:

  EXPRESSION ('[variable]' != 'A10')

Another sneaky way might be to do something like:

  CLASS
    EXPRESSION 'A10'
  END
  CLASS
    ...draw everything that is not 'A10'...
  END

I haven't tried that way but the first class should catch all the A10's but won't
draw anything since no COLOR is set. The second class would therefore get
all the non-A10's with no expression necessary.

If it were me I'd use a FILTER to exclude the A10's before shapes are read from
disk. Faster that way...

Steve

>>> Bob Basques <bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US> 01/05/06 6:03 PM >>>
All,

is there a way to express a NOT inside of an EXPRESSION?

I want to display more than one type of Highway Shield from a layer, one
is :

EXPRESSION 'A10'

How would I do :

EXPRESSION '<NOT>A10'