phpmapscript - query caching?

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at WEBBASED.CO.UK
Thu Jan 12 05:44:39 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

I don't think the list received the copy of your attached PHP - you might
like to paste a simplified version of what you are trying to do into the
message body and repost.

In terms of sorting, filtering, and formatting the data, there is a good
chance you can get PostgreSQL to do all this for you as part of your data
statement using subselects, instead of having process it with PHP a second
time. But until we can see your sample code, it's almost impossible to help.

Also, it is worth checking your database schema and indices to see if your
original query can be sped up. Bad query plans can often mean the difference
between a 30 minutes query time and a sub-second query time.

Kind regards,

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023

http://www.webbased.co.uk
http://www.infomapper.com
http://www.swtc.co.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or
use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other
person.