Mapfile - 50 Layers Maximum ?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at REFRACTIONS.NET
Fri Jan 13 13:09:37 EST 2006

It's a fact that there is a limit, but it is a compile-time option,
so it is trivial to change.

Edit map.h and change MS_MAX_LAYERS to the number you want, then
recompile.  Oddly, looking at the CVS HEAD of mapserver, I see that:

   #define MS_MAXLAYERS 200

What version are you using?  Perhaps someone upped the maximum in a
more recent version.

P.