php5 Linux

Dave Fuhry dfuhry at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 17 21:50:31 EST 2006

Adam,

   It worked for me with Apache 2.2.0, PHP 5.1.1 and mapserver
4.8.0-rc1.  After building and installing the first two from source, I
ran mapserver's ./configure with the following flags:
--with-php=/usr/local
--with-php-regex-dir=/home/dfuhry/php-5.1.1/regex
--with-httpd=/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd
in addition to the usual.  You can likely get away with installing
your distro's binary and source (-dev or -devel) packages for PHP5 and
Apache instead of building from source.

   Basically use the "PHP/Mapscript HOWTO" at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/phpmapscript-install/#build-install-the-php-mapscript-module
as a reference and assume PHP mapscript works with php5 despite the
documentation being out-of-date.

-Dave Fuhry