Graticule projection troubles

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCAN.GC.CA
Wed Jan 18 11:18:45 EST 2006

Good Day all,

Im working on a graticule layer in a map file. All of the data included in
the map are using the projection "epsg:42304". However mapserver doesnt seem
to want to draw the graticule layer with this projection. Within my layer
definition in the map file I am under the impression that the following
should work:

  PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:42304"
  END

However, Mapserver hangs when I use that. It would seem that that the only
way I can get a grid to be drawn is to use somthing like ..

PROJECTION
       "proj=latlong"
       "datum=NAD83"
END

Perhaps I am missing a fundamental concept here? Why does the first block of
code cause mapserver to hang? How can I make it work? Also, what are the
acceptable parameters that can be specified with "proj=??". On examining the
definition for espg 42304 in the espg file I notice that its defined as:

## NAD83 LCC for Canada
<42304> +proj=lcc +ellps=GRS80 +lat_0=49 +lon_0=-95 +lat_1=49 +lat_2=77
+datum=NAD83 +units=m no_defs <>

So I have tried to use the following, with out success:

PROJECTION
       "proj=lcc"
       "datum=NAD83"
      "ellps=GRS80"
END

mapserver/php respond with the following errors when using the above code:

 Warning: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): conic lat_1 = -lat_2 in
\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php on line 215

Warning: Failed to open map file D:\cwfis2\htdocs/../map/cummhs_e.map in
\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php on line 215

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\KeyMapDHTML\KeyMapDHTML.widget.php on
line 115

I have poked around the mailing list archives and documentation, but am
unable to find simmilar situations.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
Jeremy