mapscript query question

Christopher Condit condit at SDSC.EDU
Thu Jan 19 14:15:16 EST 2006

I'm using C# MapScript to build my MapFile.  This is working great.  Now
I want to query the MapFile programmatically - but can't seem to figure
out how to do it.  Is there a tutorial that I'm not seeing?

Here's my code snippet:

layerObj queryLayer = map.getLayerByName("myLayer");

if (null != queryLayer)

{

int count = queryLayer.queryByPoint(myMap, new pointObj(-82, 25, 0, 0),
mapscript.MS_MULTIPLE, 5.0d);

if (count > 0)

      {

queryLayer.open();

for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)

{

resultCacheMemberObj result = queryLayer.getResult(i);

shapeObj shape = obisLayer.getFeature(result.shapeindex,
result.tileindex);

            }

            queryLayer.close();

      }

}

The resultCacheMemberObj never gets a value, even when query by point
returns > 0.  Here's my layer definition:

LAYER

    CONNECTION "user/pass"

    CONNECTIONTYPE ORACLESPATIAL

    DATA "SHAPE FROM (SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WHERE NAME LIKE 'S%') USING
UNIQUE ROWNUM"

    DUMP TRUE

      METADATA

        "wfs_title" "SimpleWFSTest"