WFS GetFeature (Post) - error: no template

Sun Jan 22 22:30:52 EST 2006

Richard: That's the general CGI error you get when MapServer thinks it's in browse mode but has no template to present results with. To get to that point the WFS handler must think you request was not a WFS request, so that's where I'd start. Make sure your request is valid or that the CGI is compiled with WFS server support.

Feel free to post a sample request...

Steve

>>> Richard Holzmeier <holzmeier at CONTERRA.DE> 01/22/06 2:39 AM >>>
Hi,

my WFS always returns an error message [mapserv(): Web application error. No
template provided] to valid (Post) GetFeature requests. The same server
creates valid responses to (Get) GetFeature requests.

The problem occurs wether the url-param "map" is set or not (hidden via
wrapper script).

Any idea?

Regards, Richard

Server error message:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
<!-- MapServer version 4.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG -->
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
mapserv(): Web application error. No template provided. <br>
</BODY></HTML>