Mapserver native oracle connection should not use ORACLE_HOME -parameter

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Mon Jan 23 06:25:59 EST 2006

Hi folks,
    The environment variable is a good way how to define where the files
can be found, you don't need to define a long parameter. But in
Mapserver you can use two ways: ORACLE_HOME environment, or the direct
path for Oracle home/libs. So you can compile the native connection
without the ORACLE_HOME environment.
    The ORACLE_HOME can indicate Database server, Oracle Client, or IAS.
For native connection you need to have, in the system, the Oracle Call
Interfaces (OCI). Here in my computer I have the database and Mapserver
without problems. The OCI can be found in Client, Database server, and IAS.
    The error that Steve related is with the Oracle Instant Client, some
libraries in Instant Client is not the same as a normal (Client/Server)
installation.
    Best regards.

Fernando Simon
Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
G10 - Laboratorio de Computacao Aplicada - Brazil
http://www.univali.br/g10 - UNIVALI/CTTMAR