New to the List

Puneet Kishor punkish at EIDESIS.ORG
Mon Jan 23 21:12:03 EST 2006

Tomasz Adamczewski wrote:
..
> My doctoral project, whose working title reads: "MapServer as a Tool
> Supporting Data Analysis in Data Warehouses. Towards New Applications of DM
> Solutions Open Source Geospacial Rendering Software,"

MapServer is not a "DM Solutions Open Source ... " software. MapServer
is an open source software, and DM Solutions is one of the most
important contributors to it. So, perhaps correcting that title would be
  the first thing.

> focuses upon the
> application of the software developed by your Community as an interface
> supporting the analysis of DWH data

I know that some of the more traditional "data" companies have varying
levels of interest in GIS. SAS, for example, is making quite an effort
trying to integrate its data mining and intelligence tools with GIS
analysis.

You might want to start from the data warehouse side. Go to the web
sites of the various dwh companies and scouring their sites for literature.

..

> New to the group, I would like to humbly ask for initial guidance concerning
> the netiquette and customs of the Community.

there really is no specific netiquette other than the usual. Do your
due-diligence, help, and be helped. Everyone is very friendly and
helpful here.

However, this is really a "do-ers" group with most folks with technical
problems, and others trying to help them solve those problems.

Hopefully you will want to install MapServer and work on dwh problems
with it. That way we will all learn from you.

Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.

;-)