Horrible Looking WMS Raster Imagery

Jennifer Zeisloft jzeisloft at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 23 23:39:24 EST 2006

Thank you for responding, Ed.

Actually, these raster data sets are displayed as part of Chameleon contexts
(so there is no mapfile).  I added the USGS orthos to a mapfile to see if
the result was any different and it wasn't (the mapfile code for this layer
is pasted below in any case).

The application can be found at
http://maps.aqua.wisc.edu/lscmp/viewmaps.phtml.  The example data sets I am
referring to can be found in the Wisconsin: Imagery context.

I have read through the documentation on rasters in MapServer, as well as
searched list archives and have not been able to determine how I would go
about specifying low or high -color output.  So, perhaps this is part of the
problem?

Again, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Jennifer Zeisloft

LAYER
  NAME DOQ
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  TYPE RASTER
  CONNECTION "http://terraservice.net/ogcmap.ashx"
  PROJECTION
   "init=epsg:4326"
  END # Projection
  METADATA
   "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326"
   "wms_name"            "DOQ"
   "wms_title"           "USGS Digital Ortho-Quadrangles"
   "wms_onlineresource"  "http://terraservice.net/ogcmap.ashx"
   "wms_abstract"        "NA - test"
   "wms_keywordlist"     "NA -test"
   "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
   "wms_formatlist"      "image/png,image/jpeg,image/wbmp"
   "wms_format"          "image/png"
  END # Metadata
END # layer