Change image resolution in mapfile

Wed Jan 25 16:22:23 EST 2006

Well, we are getting requests for large format printed maps being able
to generate images that will support these efforts is important. Right
now is is extremely hard to do this. My mapfiles have 150 layers and you
have to make a custom mapfile for each resolution you want to support
and change the thickness of all line widths, font sizes, symbol sizes,
etc, etc. Fonts are a particularly difficult problem because you need to
render them fatter also with increased DPI.

It would be nice if there were also output controls supported in
mapserver that would allow you to specify the DPI and have it
automatically make the correct adjustments to the drawing code.

-Steve W.