overlapping maps

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at PROPERTYKEY.COM
Thu Jan 26 15:38:36 EST 2006

krishna S wrote:

> I have data from 2 mrsid files, they draw 2 counties. I set the extent such
> that i want one part from one county and the other from the second county
> in the same map. I am able to do this but the problem is while overlapping
> or while drawing the 2 county parts adjacent to each other there is black
> line (or its like a black solid thick line) and this black thick line might
> be from one of the county part and its not allowing the other county to
> display its image at that position. I guess if i make that black solid line
> completely transparent i will be able to display the part of the county
> under it.

I can sympathize with this problem.  The OFFSITE directive is fine, but
we have one county that we got as JPEG that this trick doesn't work so
well on and I went through and manually cropped out those pseudo-black
areas.  The whole time I was thinking "wouldn't it be nice to have a
"clip" layer type" -- something that would clip out everything that
didn't lie within the polygon(s) drawn on that layer.

--
Jeff Hoffmann
jeff at propertykey.com