Mapserver 4.8 and PHP 5 ?

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Fri Jan 27 15:40:52 EST 2006

I compiled and ran PHP mapscript from 4.8 RC2 without problems with PHP
5.0.5 (as Apache 1.3 module). The compilation worked also fine with PHP
5.1.2, but when trying to load the php_mapscript extension I get an
error like

/usr/sbin/apache: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so: undefined symbol:
php_sprintf

I posted this a week or so ago but there was no reply. So for now I
stayed with PHP 5.0.5.

MS 4.8 compiled fine with libraries that had been used for MS 4.4 and
4.6. So just for Mapserver you probably will not need to recompile
anything. Maybe it's worth using a newer version of GDAL if your's is a
bit old.

Armin