Regular expresion

G. Madrigal mapas at ADDAX.CC
Mon Jan 30 12:45:25 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

I am trying to query a shape file using QueryByAttributes. The query I need to
program is something equivalent to a case insensitive LIKE SQL statement.
For example:

$layer->set("filteritem", "FIELD");
$layer->QueryByAttributes('FIELD', "([FILED] ~= /.*text.*/)", MS_SINGLE)

where text is a part of the string I am looking for, so the results will include
the records with FIELD equal to aaatextaaaa  , Textaaaa, bbbbText, bbbbtext
textaaaaa

So far I have read all documentation about regular expressions, I have found
some examples at google and no luck at all.

What am I missing? any help will be apreciated.

I am using phpmapscript with mapserver 4.6.1 with shapefiles (.shp, .dbf)

Thanks,

--
Gustavo Madrigal