Raster Images

Bryce Bangerter bryceb at TULGAGAMES.COM
Mon Jan 30 19:42:41 EST 2006

I'm new to mapsever, but have been able to get the demo code to run and
have further been able to read data from a PostgreSQL database to
display shapes, lines, etc.

I want to be able to add a raster layer as the first layer to my map.
I'm stuck though.

My map file is as follows:

#
# Start of map file
#
MAP
  NAME TESTMAP
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 600 600
  EXTENT 0 0 125 125
  UNITS METERS
  SHAPEPATH "data"
  IMAGECOLOR 0 0 0
  TEMPLATEPATTERN "test"

  IMAGETYPE PNG24

  #
  # Start of web interface definition (including WMS enabling metadata)
  #

  LAYER
    NAME "Terrain"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS ON
    DATA "../graphics/testing_29_28.png"
    DEBUG ON
  END

END # MAPFILE

Debug doesn't output any errors.
testing_29_28.png is a 24 bit image that is 125x125 pixels.

All I get back though is a black image (e.g my background image color).

OS is WinXP with IIS running.

Installation of mapserver was from HOBU's Kitchen sink download.  I
would not at all be suprised if I am missing something from my
installation.

Bryce Bangerter