PHP MapScript and unable to load dynamic library

Fischer, Brian bfischer at HOUSTONENGINEERINGINC.COM
Tue Jan 31 14:06:47 EST 2006

Thanks Puneet and Jeff!  I finally got it working after removing all
dlls rebooting and downloading fresh dlls again from maptools.org.  I am
still stumped why it didn't work the first time.  Oh well, works now.
Thanks again.

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN
(763) 493-4522

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of P Kishor
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:16 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PHP MapScript and unable to load
dynamic library

I don't know squat about how Windows and dlls work, so this could be
user-error on my part, however, a tangential (nothing to do with PHP)
but connected (everything to do with DLLs) observation --

I downloaded hobu's debug.zip
<http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/mapserver/build_output/4_6/debug
.zip>
 and installed it on a WinXP box with Apache. However, it was
insisting on DLLs staying right next to it even though I moved them to
a separate directory, and added the directory to the PATH. After much
fiddling, I discovered only one DLL was the culprit -- libeay32.dll --
perhaps its path got hardcoded. Finally, I was able to move all the
DLLs in their own directory, but libeay32.dll had to remain within
cgi-bin right next to mapserv.exe.

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> A trick i also use to find which associated dll is missing is to try
> do a 'mapserv -v' at the command prompt, for your 4.8 exe.  If a dll
> cannot be found a Windows error message should be displayed (such as
> "procedure entry point...cannot be found in gdal13.dll" or something
> like that).
>
> jeff
>

> Fischer, Brian wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem.  I am
>> running Windows 2000 server with IIS5.0 and using the PHP MapScript
>> dll MapServer 4.8 beta 2 for PHP 4.4.1 from maptools.org.  I have
>> installed this version on one server and it works fine, but when I
try
>> to install it on another server I continue to get PHP Warning: dl():
>> Unable to load dynamic library
>> 'C:\php\extensions\php_mapscript_48.dll' - The specified module could
>> not be found.  PHP is working fine and I can load another module,
like
>> GD, but not mapscript.
>>

>> I seem to be having the same problem as outlined in

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0402/msg00281.h
tml.

--
Puneet Kishor