Limit Number of Results with QSTRING?

Sievers, Jason jsievers at CO.LINN.OR.US
Mon Jul 3 19:01:06 EDT 2006

I would like to know if it is possible to limit the number of results using
QSTRING in CGI MapServer.  I can use MAXFEATURES when doing a spatial
search, but this does not seem to work for attribute queries (at least for
me).  This is a problem when there is a large results set and MapServer has
to draw every feature matching the expression.  I've noticed that the
maximum number of records ([nr]) is 148 but this still will draw on the map
every feature matching the QSTRING expression.  Thanks for the help.

Jason Sievers
Linn County, Oregon