Searching for closest object in mapserver

Jelmer Baas baas at SPEERIT.NL
Tue Jul 4 04:36:46 EDT 2006

Steve Lime wrote:
> The relevant parameters are mode=query and qlayer=[some layer name]
> (optional). The other piece is submitting a point to use for the
> query and there are several ways to do that. Most often you use
> imxy/imgext but can also simply send a point in map coordinates using
> mapxy.

I'm still at a loss. I checked out the demo, and it works OK. I also
changed some stuff to use coordinates instead of image x/y, this works.

But I'm not clicking inside a big area, I'm clicking *SOMEWERE* and then
need to find out which cable is closest to the point where I clicked.

I use this now:
scripts/mapserv.exe?mode=query&map=test.map&imgext=-70000+280000+400000+630000&layers=TABCAB&mapxy=5000+290000&qlayer=TABCAB

but this ofcourse gives me "No results" message, because I'm not
clicking directly on a cable.

Any thoughts how to do what I want?

--
Jelmer Baas