Map->Layer->Class Question

Fri Jul 7 01:40:33 EDT 2006

If I understand you right this isn't possible as things sit now. You have to create all the classes (or use MapScript where I'm sure you could develop a shortcut). Unfortunately binding symbols and colors to attributes are not supported although there is an RFC out that deals with the subject...

Steve

>>> "Curtis W. Ruck" <ruckc at YAHOO.COM> 07/06/06 10:52 PM >>>
Alright I have a set of data that i want to apply two different styles to...

In one class i want to set the color and in an overlapping class i want to set the symbol... so i don't have to create Colors*Symbols number of classes.

I.e. i want to list classes where expressions can overlap and fill in different parts of a style for a particular point

CLASS
    EXPRESSION ('[color]' eq 'red')
    STYLE
        COLOR 255 0 0