tile4ms aborts due to DBF fields notmatching

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Jul 13 11:19:55 EDT 2006

Richard -

First, please ALWAYS reply to the whole list.  This lets everyone (and
the archives) see the whole conversation, and it also doesn't obligate
the first person to answer your question to answer all the rest of your
questions <g>!

You can (and probably should) group together homogeneous files in a
TILEINDEX layer.  You can certainly combine your 30 "buildings" files
into a single layer, and your 30 "waterways" files into a single layer.
This is commonly done.  But you can't combine different types of data
into a single logical layer; you probably wouldn't want to, as it would
make the symbolization of those different features difficult.  Roads are
probably line features, and buildings are probably polygons, and one
layer would need to be either a line layer or a polygon layer but not
both.

    - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker