Mapserver compile error

antti siukola siukola.antti at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 17 04:36:44 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm compiling the most recent MapServer and I get this OGR related
error on make:

./libmap.a(mapogr.o): In function `msOGRFileWhichShapes(layer_obj*,
rectObj, ms_ogr_file_info_t*)':mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x38e): undefined
reference to `OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
:mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x3ac): undefined reference to
`OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
:mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x3ca): undefined reference to
`OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
:mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x3e8): undefined reference to
`OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
:mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x406): undefined reference to
`OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
./libmap.a(mapogr.o): In function
`msOGRShapeToWKT':mapogr.cpp:(.text+0xa15): undefined reference to
`OGR_G_SetPoint_2D'
:mapogr.cpp:(.text+0xa65): undefined reference to `OGR_G_AddPoint_2D'
:mapogr.cpp:(.text+0xaf1): undefined reference to `OGR_G_AddPoint_2D'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

I found some info from mailing list archive:

"This generally means you have two copies of GDAL/OGR on your system.
MapServer is getting built using the include files from one, but linked
against the libraries of another.  I would suggest you try and strip the
older GDAL/OGR off completely, or muck around with the MapServer makefile
to ensure that only one version is getting used consistently.  Basically
fiddling with the order of -I include directives and -L library
paths." -Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com

So I ran make clean on gdal and recompiled it and then tried to
compile mapserver but got the same error again.

Regards,

Antti S