REMOTE_OWS_TYPE

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Jul 18 16:01:42 EDT 2006

So you're looking to use data from a remote OGC:WFS as part of your
OGC:WMS?

If this is the case, you can setup a LAYER block in your OGC:WMS mapfile
to point to an OGC:WFS resource, and use CLASS blocks

See: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wfs_client for details.

There's also an example of this in the MapServer OGC Web Services
Workshop (http://devgeo.cciw.ca/ms_ogc_workshop/index.html).

As far as how this works under the hood, mapserver developers: when
someone does a GetMap w/ SLD w/ Filter, if the layer in question is an
OGC:WFS layer, will that filter be passed?  I think it would be, but
haven't tested this extensively.

Cheers

..Tom