Looking for an OGC Compliant WFS/WCS Server

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Jul 18 17:05:05 EDT 2006

Correct.  OGC:WFS 1.0.0 (serving GML2 and GML3 level 0), and OGC:WCS
1.0.0.

> Is there any reason why it
> wouldn't
> be a good approach to use MapServer solely as a WFS and WCS
> servers?  If
> this plan seems reasonable, where would you suggest I turn to
> learn how
> to implement these features of the MapServer?

MapServer is flexible enough to act in many modes e.g. CGI mode as well
as various OGC Web Services.

For learning resources, check out the OGC howtos on
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs.  The MapServer OGC Web Services
Workshop (http://devgeo.cciw.ca/ms_ogc_workshop/index.html) also
provides a good tutorial and examples on getting up to speed on
supporting OGC specifications in MapServer.