CSharp-Mapscript: setSymbolSet doesn't work?!

Christian Wilmes C.Wilmes at GMX.DE
Wed Jul 19 06:15:57 EDT 2006

Hi,

thanks for your quick response Tamas, but the symbols don't work up to now.

Normaly it should work with the gif-File in the parameterlist too, the gif-File exists on my System. But I tested it with your code for the symbolObj a lot of times, because that seems to be more simple. Directly before and after calling mapObj.draw() I saved the mapfile build by my Application. I tested both mapfiles in my Browser and both of them are working correct. I will insert the two mapfiles in this email.

Here is my original code I use with some expressions:

public class Controller
{
	//myMapHandler is a type of the class MapHandler which handels Objects of the class Map. Map is a Subclass of mapObj
	private MapHandler myMapHandler = new MapHandler();

	public void InitializeLayers()
	{

		//PipelineLayer is a Subclass from layerObj
		//The first parameter in the Constructor is the mapObj, the second one the status of the Layer, the third one is the Connectionstring to my WFS-Server
		//I've got good reasons for giving null in the parameterlist for the mapObj and using the InsertLayer-Method later.
		//I tested it with giving directly the mapObj in the constructor, it also doesn't work
		PipelineLayer trajektorie = new PipelineLayer(null, true, "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?");

		//Building the Symbol:
		symbolObj symbol = new symbolObj("mySymbol", null);
		symbol.type = (int)MS_SYMBOL_TYPE.MS_SYMBOL_VECTOR;
		symbol.filled = mapscript.MS_TRUE;
		lineObj line = new lineObj();
		line.add(new pointObj(1, 5, 0, 0));
		line.add(new pointObj(1, 3, 0, 0));
		line.add(new pointObj(3, 2, 0, 0));
		line.add(new pointObj(1, 1, 0, 0));
		line.add(new pointObj(1, 3, 0, 0));
		symbol.setPoints(line);

´		myMapHandler.Map.SymbolSet.appendSymbol(symbol);

		classObj classtest = new classObj(trajektorie);
		classtest.name = "test";

		styleObj myStyle = new styleObj(classtest);
		myStyle.symbolname = "mySymbol";

		myStyle.size = 150;
		myStyle.color = new colorObj(255, 0, 0, -1);

		myMapHandler.Map.SymbolSet.save(Environment.CurrentDirectory + @"\test.sym");

		myMapHandler.Map.InsertLayer(trajektorie, -1);
		// the Method Refresh Map is displayed above
		myMapHandler.Map.RefreshMap();
	}
}

public class Map : mapObj
{
	:
	:
	public void RefreshMap()
        {
            Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor;
            try
            {
                lock (this)
                {
                    this.Save(Environment.CurrentDirectory + @"\testBefore.map");
                    using (imageObj image = this.draw())
                    {
                        this.Save(Environment.CurrentDirectory + @"\testAfter.map");
                        byte[] img = image.getBytes();
                        using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(img))
                        {
                            myImageHandler.ImageMap = Image.FromStream(ms);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                MessageBox.Show(ex.Message + "\n" + (ex.InnerException != null ? ex.InnerException.Message : "")
                    , "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
            }
            finally
            {
                Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default;
            }
        }
	:
	:
}

I've got no idea where else I have to search the mistake, or is it even possible that there is a another Bug in the mapscript who is responsible for that?

Best Regards
Christian
-------- Original-Nachricht --------