Again c# Unable to load DLL (mapscript)

Paolo Corti pcorti at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 21 10:05:07 EDT 2006

Hi Tamas, thanks for your help
nagyon koszonom!!! ;-)

> Could you post the mapfile you have used?

Maybe I am wrong, but I would swear that this is correct:

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT         233335 4090486 1318423 5122209
  SIZE           400 300
  SHAPEPATH      "C:\cvs\data"
  IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255
  LAYER
    NAME         province
    DATA         province
    STATUS       OFF
    TYPE         POLYGON
    CLASS
      NAME       "Sample"
      STYLE
        COLOR        232 232 232
        OUTLINECOLOR 32 32 32
      END
    END
  END
END

> Why numShapes is 0? (it should be 103...)

>You have created shapefileObj with mode = 5. This setting will create
a new empty shapefile by default. Use -1 as the mode parameter if you
want to open an existing file.

you are right, I misunderstood the API and i placed 5 (it's a polygon
shape). I wouldn't have thought that with mapserver you could create new
shapes! (ArcIMS does not)... and i destroied my existing shape with 103
features :-)

> why the generated blank map is not inserted in the imageurl and imagepath
> properties of the mapObj?

Have you set WEB.IMAGEPATH and WEB.IMAGEURL in you map file?

no I didn't - now I will carefully read the API before asking things on the
forum. I didn't know that the API is just the same for php, c#, java... I
thought every API is different, now I also understand why you where using
SWIG

> Is there anywhere a C# API to MapServer?

What do you mean? For a description of the SWIG mapscript API visit:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapscript
For the C# specific issues see:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/mapscriptcscompile

OK, now it's clear to me

> Whate are your future plans for using C# library in ASP .NET projects?
> (somewhere in this forum I was reading that the library is not usable from
> ASP .NET)

My plan is to have the C# API fully supported for the ASP.NET
application models.
To achieve this we should reconsider how mapserver supports the
execution of the multiple threads. For more details see:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/thread_safety
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-15

These issues also apply to the other languages having multiple threads
executed simultaneously.

Thanks again,
last year when I checked mapserver I didn't get to know that a c# API is
going to be implemented and I were thinking to implement a .NET API to make
calls to the CGI interface. I guess your c# API is not using this approach,
isnt it?

by
Paolo