MapServer SLD RasterSymbolizer

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Sat Jul 22 11:01:30 EDT 2006

The OGC:SLD 1.0.0 schema allows for one ColorMap element with 0 or more ColorMapEntry elements.

MapServer typically picks up Rule/Name and applies them as a legend title.  For rasters, because of the way the schema is defined, I think MapServer should be picking up ColorMapEntry/@label when doing raster legends, but then what happens when someone creates a Rule/Name value earlier?

..Tom

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Van Ulden, Joost
	Sent: Fri 21-Jul-06 18:57
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer SLD RasterSymbolizer

	Hi all,

	I am unsure how the raster symbolizer is supposed to work in MapServer.  Do I create one Rule in the SLD with one ColorMap that has one or more ColorMapEntries?  Or can I create a rule for each ColorMapEntry? Either way works (works using a filter too!!!) but ColorMapEntries can't be given a name.  It is preferable from my point of view to create a rule for each ColorMapEntry so that a decent legend can be generated.

	Thoughts anyone?

	Joost