WMS SLD getlegendgraphic

Arnd Wippermann arndw at WTAL.DE
Sat Jul 22 19:25:32 EDT 2006

Hello,

I use SLD-files (&SLD=http://.....) to render a shape polygon layer. It goes
well. It's astonishing, how easy it is to display the layer for various
classitems without changing the mapfile. To get the SLD-files I use a
program to get the Styles out of Arcview 9. But i have no luck to get the
legend for the used Style. I have looked at the examples in the doc and I
don't see, what exact I must configure to get a legend.

Without the SLD-file I get the legend for the classes of the layer. With the
SLD-file i get a blank picture.

...&REQUEST=GetMap&layer=SLD_KNA&STYLES=&SLD=http://localhost/mapserver/mapf
iles/SLD_KNA/test.xml
GetMap shows a pretty map

...&REQUEST=GetLegendGraphic&layer=SLD_KNA&STYLES=TEST&SLD=http://localhost/
mapserver/mapfiles/SLD_KNA/test.xml
GetLegendGraphic shows an empty picture.

Have anyone a clue?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann
http://gis.ibbeck.de/pinguinale/