WFS and filter

Daniel Goetz madprof at GMX.CH
Mon Jul 24 09:49:18 EDT 2006

Hi coummunity,

I bulid up a little WFS-server using mapserver (local mapserver installation; ms4w 1.5.3; CGI). Then I tried to map it using mapserver (on another machine in the intranet) as WFS-client. Everything works fine.

Now I want to map only a single feature. Therefor I used a filter-expression in the LAYER-METADATA. This works fine too. But my question is: Is it possible to filter single features dynamically? I mean: Is it possible to filter features by writing the filter-expression in the URL of my browser (Similar to a filter-expression in a WFS-conform GetFeature-Request)? Hope you could understand what I mean. I want the user to be able to filter certain features without editing the .map-file but via specifying the filter-expression in the URL.

Thank you for your ideas and helpings.

regards

Daniel