National Atlas Projections... driving me crazy!

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 25 00:13:20 EDT 2006

Kelly,

 I assume you're refering to the US National Atlas coordinate system,
right? There is an EPSG code corresponding to this (
http://ocean.csl.co.uk/OceanBrowser/browseDetail.php?DB=epsg_coordinatereferencesystem&field=coord_ref_sys_code&code=2163
)

So any data layers that were in this national atlas projection could
use a projection block like:

PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:2193"
END

Likewise the same projection block could be used to define the
projection of the map output.

Understanding the difference between a layer's native projection and
the map's overall output projection is absolutely essential.

 Perhaps you could provide us with some more details and perhaps some
mapfile samples?

- matt

--
Matt Perry