virtual spatial data fails

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Tue Jul 25 10:50:47 EDT 2006

Kevin,
try to test this with shp2img and see if that works. If you do get an
image output as expected, then you probably have a permissions problem
with the internet user. What platform / server are you working with?
I am currently experiencing this problem with Windows 2000 Server with
IIS5. I'm trying to point to a .csv file and I can't get my mapfile to
work, but ogrinfo and shp2img command line work fine.

Then I set up a little php file to take mapserver out of the equation
entirely and just used php and odbc to connect to the data and it fails.
So - it's a permissions problem, but I still haven't figured out how to
fix it.

What is the error message that you're getting?

D.Pagurek

  _____

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Kevin Flanders
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 5:20 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] virtual spatial data fails

I am trying to add a virtual spatial data layer to my project and
failing!  I have created my DSN, and tested it successfully with
ogrinfo.  I then added the following to my mapfile:

  LAYER
    NAME "Permits"
    GROUP "Permits"
    CONNECTION "<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name='permitsummary'>
    <SrcDataSource>ODBC:@Data_txt</SrcDataSource>
    <SrcLayer>permitsummary.csv</SrcLayer>
    <GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='X_COORD' y='Y_COORD'
/>
    <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
    </OGRVRTDataSource>"