questions refresh the map without panning or zooming using javascript

Albert Anderson bart_doggers at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 25 12:25:02 EDT 2006

Hi All,

 I found a javascript

// update the map without panning or zooming
         function updateMap() {
                 document.mapserv.mode.value = "browse";
                 document.mapserv.target = "_self";
                 document.mapserv.zoomdir.value = "0";
                 document.mapserv.imgext.value = "[minx] [miny] [maxx] [maxy]";
                 document.mapserv.imgxy.value = "299.5 215.5";
                 document.mapserv.submit();
         }

How do I code my layer check boxes to imply this code to work together? Do I have to do anything with my code for my refresh button? Where do I attached this javascript in the <head> tag or after my layer codes?

Thanks,
Albert