WFS: why not use the default namespace?

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Wed Jul 26 14:47:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

I agree w/ Bart here.  I would prefer to use a default namespace (i.e. xmlns=...), as opposed to explicitly specifying this in the output, for elements not carried by gml: or wfs:.  The default namespace would be either what the user defines in wfs_namespace_uri, or, if not specified, would default to "http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver".

Having said this, I'm not sure how much of this is in MapServer code vs. the OGR GML code.

..Tom