Symbol scaling based on labels

Mon Jul 31 02:29:40 EDT 2006

I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing what you're after. Perhaps you
could post an image. One thing that might help is that you can setup
classes based on the length of an attribute. E.g.

CLASS
  EXPRESSION (length([MYLABEL]) == 5)
END
CLASS
  EXPRESSION (length([MYLABEL]) == 6)
END

and so on. Get's kinda verbose but it'd work.

Steve

>>> Travis Kirstine GIS Tech <tkirstine at JDBARNES.COM> 07/28/06 3:11 PM

Is it possible to scale symbols (png) based on text labels.  I have a
highway layer I would like to label using text with a png image my
problem
is that label are not consistant in length ranging from 5 char to 15
char.

Travis