OGR DODS multiple attribute layer

Jesse Cleary jcleary at EMAIL.UNC.EDU
Thu Jun 1 17:15:34 EDT 2006

Hi folks

Apologies for cross-posting.  I'm using OGR to connect through a DODS
server to a netCDF file and map the results in MapServer - very slick
and working well for single attributes.  However, I'd also like to get
multiple attributes at once from the same DODS dataset - like
wind_direction (for LABELANGLEITEM) /and/ wind_speed  (for CLASSITEM)
and can't figure out the syntax to make that work. The DODS URL call
seems to work with additional variables in the CE, but the DATA
parameter does not.  New to this OGR/DODS method so any advice is
greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Jesse Cleary

MapServer 4.8.1
GDAL 1.3.2

This single attribute mapfile snip works well...
<--
LAYER
  NAME  "JPOP_test"
  TYPE POINT
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION
'DODS:http://nemo.isis.unc.edu/cgi-bin/nph-dods/data/nc-coos/test_data/JPIER/nccoos-JPOP-met-latest.nc?air_pressure[0][0][0]'
  DATA "air_pressure"
  STATUS OFF
  CLASSITEM 'air_pressure'
  LABELITEM 'air_pressure'
-->

But I'd like to move to something like this.  Not working though -
"msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. GetLayer(wind_from_direction, air_pressure)
failed for OGR connection" although the DODS URL in a browser (minor
changes) does return the data I want.  I've tried a few DATA
permutations - I think this is crux of the problem if its possible at all.
<--
LAYER
  NAME  "JPOP_test"
  TYPE POINT