mapscript projection & WMS questions

Brent Wood pcreso at PCRESO.COM
Fri Jun 2 22:41:12 EDT 2006

Hi...

I have a java mapscript application embedded in a java application, & have a
couple of questions:

Is reprojection supported (via proj.4)?
Are WMS data providers supported?

(So far I've been unable to get either to work, otherwise it is fine).

If anyone is interested, the application is a digital asset mgmt system, now
with a mapserver capability allowing images & documents to be selected by
location. All data is managed in Postgres/Postgis. (Except for some background
vectors which are quadtree indexed shapefiles, for performance reasons)

A range of global & local vector & raster data are used as scale dependent
background layers.

The images are a range of scientific images including seabed images, specimen
images and others. This has been implemented & tested.

The documents are scientific papers which (soon) can be assigned to a geometry,
so a map based query can retrieve images or papers by location.

Thanks,

  Brent Wood