Mapscript module error with PHP 5.1

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Sat Jun 3 10:57:36 EDT 2006

Hi all,

does anybody successfully use PHP Mapscript with PHP 5.1 on Linux and
Apache 1.3? I tried now nearly all versions of PHP 5.1.x (including the
latest 5.1.4), with the following components:

Mapserver 4.8.3
with Apache 1.3.33, PHP as a DSO
Debian 3.1

and always get the same error:

Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem) /usr/sbin/apache: relocation
error: /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript_48.so: undefined
symbol: php_sprintf

This error happened on 4 different Debian 3.1 (standard) installations.
I can provide the PHP configure settings if needed.

The error never appeared with PHP 5.0.x versions.

Any help or hints would be very appreciated.

armin