problem with ogr oracle spatial layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jun 6 21:36:25 EDT 2006

Mark Adams wrote:
> OCI: OCIEnvCreate() failed with status 2083788472.
>
> Presumably Oracle is not properly installed, skipping.

Mark,

Based on this, I would say the problem is not with your connection
string or something later.  But rather is somehow related to the
version of libraries being used.  This error message is produced by
the following code:

     if( ghOracleEnvironment == NULL )
     {
         nStatus =
             OCIEnvCreate( &ghOracleEnvironment, OCI_OBJECT, (dvoid *)0,
                           0, 0, 0, (size_t) 0, (dvoid **)0 );

         if( nStatus == -1 || ghOracleEnvironment == NULL )
         {
             CPLDebug("OCI",
                      "OCIEnvCreate() failed with status %d.\n"
                      "Presumably Oracle is not properly installed, skipping.");

             return FALSE;
         }
     }

As you can see, there is no meaningful arguments passed to OCIEnvCreate()
so the problem would appear to be regardless of anything about mapserver,
or GDAL.  I would suggest looking into OCI library versions and setup.  Do
other OCI client programs work on this system?   You might also try looking
up the error code in the Oracle error database.

Best regards,