performance slows down whe n compiled with gdal

H. Porath porath at WEB.DE
Thu Jun 8 04:11:59 EDT 2006

Hi Frank, hi Ed,

Thanks again.

With your help i have isolated my issue: the performance only slows down when i use a gdal-lib wiht mrsid-support even if i do not use mrsid. If i switch to a gdal-lib without mrsid-support, the requests are fast.

I think i need to address my issue to the gdal-community or try to get support from Lizardtech.

Regards,

Holger

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>
Gesendet: 07.06.06 15:36:05
An: porath at web.de
CC: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Betreff: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] performance slows down when compiled with gdal

Holger,

Well, it indicates it isn't a rendering problem.  The above times don't
include the time to save the file to png/jpeg/gif so it could be spending
an inordinate amount of time doing that for some reason.  But I still
suspect some odd initialization things is taking a lot of time.

If I had direct access to the system I would try reproducing the exact
mapserv request and invoking it at the commandline.  First as your regular
user, and then in an environment as close a possible to Apache's.  I would
next likely add some extra timing debug messages to track time from mapserv
startup to shutdown.  That would help isolate if the delay is before entering
main or somewhere later.

Best regards,