performance slows down when compiled with gdal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Jun 8 09:55:47 EDT 2006

porath at web.de wrote:
> Hi Frank, hi Ed,
>
> Thanks again.
>
> With your help i have isolated my issue: the performance only slows down
> when i use a gdal-lib wiht mrsid-support even if i do not use mrsid. If i
> switch to a gdal-lib without mrsid-support, the requests are fast.

Holger,

I looked at the mrsid code in GDAL and I don't see any obvious initialization
going on when no mrsid file is encountered, so I'm really not too sure what
the issue is.

> I think i need to address my issue to the gdal-community or try to get
> support from Lizardtech.

Right.

Best regards,