Zooming to shapes found by queryByAttributes

Volkan Ulukut vulukut at TESCILTURK.COM
Mon Jun 12 08:44:58 EDT 2006

Hey list;

I'm having trouble zooming to the exact location of the shape after doing a
search with queryByAttributes. I'm trying to use zoomrectangle and zoomscale
but they both need pixel position. So i try to convert my georef coordinates
to pixel coordinates. I believe that was successful too, but the problem is
that the shape is too small (a street in the worldmap) and the pixel i
calculate is not an integer value. The zoom actually happens but not exactly
on the shape just a bit miles west and north. I tried to workaround this by
zooming step by step. By that i mean zooming to that location a little then
zooming to the centre till i get to the shape. But that won't give the same
result on every search as you may guess. I'm stuck now cause i can't zoom to
the right place with pixel coordinates. Is there any way that i can zoom
with georef coordinates(lat/long)?