How to Lat, long info in the browser?

muthu veerappan muthu_manaparai at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 13 03:39:55 EDT 2006

Hi Raffle Peter,

This is a Map SERVER list - I hope you are asking a
map client question, but anyway let me try to answer.

I have used many clients and would suggest you to look
in to mapbuilder's code (complex - generalized code).
It might confuse us, but have a look.  Worth it.

Lat, Lan display is not a easy job, if you have
different projections (SRS - UTM, EPSG, SCENE, PIXEL).

We are displaying in a flat surface (monitor),
depending upon the projection you need to display the
lat, lan.

First consider it as a flat surface and then capture
the mouse events from the browser.

look at http://dunnbypaul.net/js_mouse

if you need to display simple lat, lan for a map image
,then do the pixel x-y:lat-lan ratio

disclaimer - My understanding may be wrong too. ! If
so, Hope someone here would correct !

Regards,
Muthu Veerappan PR