MyGis connection question

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Jun 13 08:57:45 EDT 2006

John,

Take a look at this:  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogrmysql

You would need to change your data structure so that you store your x
and y values in separate columns.

Note that this method doesn't use MyGIS, it uses a direct connection
driver in OGR, so your MapServer binary would need to be compiled with
OGR support (as most are).

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of John Prof
	Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:03 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MyGis connection question

	Hello,

	I'm trying to connect mapserver's map with a mysql datatable
like this:

	id                            int
	name                      varchar(20)
	description              varchar(100)
	location                  point

	I'd like to create a shape with the points and the labels of the
name. Is it possible? I've tried many ways but I have errors.
	I'd like to do something like this example:

	LAYER
	CONNECTIONTYPE mygis
	NAME "City"
	CONNECTION "host:user:passwd:database:bin"
	DATA "location from city"
	TYPE POINT
	STATUS ON
	.
	.
	.
	END

	It fails. I've tried with some mysql functions like
AsBinary(point), but it doesn't work.
	I must use sh2mysql structure to store data in my database? Is
not possible make my simply case?

	Thanks and sorry for my english :p