Class Labels

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Thu Jun 15 04:26:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

I suppose LABELMAXSCALE in the LAYER object should do this for you.

-Jukka-

________________________________

Lähettäjä: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] Puolesta Tim Badtke
Lähetetty: 14. kesäkuuta 2006 23:59
Vastaanottaja: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Aihe: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Class Labels

I'm developing an application and would like the ability to turn a class on at a certain scale, but have it's labels turn on as a user zooms in further.  Is this possible with one layer defition and two classes (one for the data and one for it's labels - both come from the same dataset.)

I set it up how I think it should work but I only get the data drawn without the labels.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  It works with two layers (one as polygon and one as annotation), but I think it should be able to be done with just one layer and two classes. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Tim

This is what the layer looks like in the map file:

LAYER
  NAME "MCD Boundaries"
  STATUS default
  DATA basedata/cdreg_ms